Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2012
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2012  (Read 5752 times)
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« on: Nov 23, 2011, 15:23 »

Date: Sunday, 15-April-2012

The Swiss LD Championships are held again in spring. The weather can be quite changeable at that time of year. Do bring along sun protection, raincoat and anti-moskito spray.

Schedule:
9:00warm-up (regular booms only)
10:00registration
10:301st round
12:30lunch (please bring your own)
13:002nd round
15:00awards ceremony
15:30barbeque

Venue: the tournament takes place near the airport Zurich-Kloten.
map (215 kB),
detailed map (994 kB)
bird's eye view (101 kB) (June 2009)
Google Maps

In analogy to the years before, we will not have a scheduled warm-up for each group, but rather allot more throws per participant, e.g. 8 throws per round (depending on the number of contestants).

If you are living further away than you can travel in 1 day, please let me know, so we can make proper arrangements for accomodation, picking-up at the airport etc.

As usual: we will be having a barbeque after the tournament. Bring along whatever you like to grill, or let me know and I'll get it for you.

Options for accommodation in the area.

Registration & Contact:
Lorenz Gubler
Am Hölibach 7
5412 Gebenstorf
Tel. +41 (0)56 441 38 17
mobile +41 (0)79 568 18 64
email: lorenz@swissboomerangs.ch
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2012, 11:16 by Lorenz » Logged
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:40 »

Logo of the year 2012:
laurent
141 m

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2012, 17:23 »

Just got an email from Lorenz. Event is CANCELLED due to really terrible weather forecasts.

Please trasmit this info to any thrower you can

Laurent
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2012, 16:44 »

Cold, rainy, windy, glad we cancelled it.

A new date will be proposed soon, probably in September.

MHLDR
Lorenz
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2012, 16:18 »

Hi LD throwers

ok, here is the new date: Sunday, September 30.
I hope this is convenient. For details see above.

MHLDR
Lorenz
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2012, 16:50 »

After having rescheduled the Swiss LD Championships from April to September, the conditions turned out to be rather good this autumn. The wind was a low breeze from northern directions, which is not ideal on this field, but manageable. The temperatures were around 15°C, hence ideal for LD.

There were 14 people from France, Germany and Switzerland, which I consider to be a good number for LD, since the spotting can be done properly, and the tournament does not last that long. We contested 8 throws in the first round, and 5 in the second. The conditions being favorable, only 2 participants had to deplore a score of zero. The distances attained clustered around 117-136 m (7 throwers). The lonely man on first place (Manuel Schütz, 197m) had a distance 61 m more than the second (Antoine Hernandez, 136 m), third came Laurent Garnier (131 m). Noteworthy is also the personal best by Stefan Lerch (101 m), who thereby made his entrance to the 100 m club.

The sheep were grazing nearby, and at some point the shepherd approached Rolf Schlayer, asking him if we had a permission to use the field for our tournament (actually we don't, we never dared to ask the airport authorities - out of fear they might not allow us to throw on this field, because the planes coming for landing are already rather at low altitude) Rolf answered: "Well, we have been throwing here for over 10 years."

An overview of the scores can be found in the results database.

The complete scoresheet is available on swissboomerangs.ch.

MHLDR, Lorenz

Logo of the year 2012:
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2012, 17:07 by Lorenz » Logged
laurent
141 m

« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2012, 15:53 »

Hi Lorenz,

I think it is verrrry important to discuss with the sherpherd with very calm and polite way. Just imagine he feels upset and "denounces" us to the local police or airport authorities...

By the way I just love the way you explaned us how you never dared to ask an official authorisation. You made it "French style", my dear Lorenz ! he he ^^

I think wherever we are, a 12-15 throwers meeting is still something "private" and small enough to keep going like that. Even 15 persons throwing boomerangs in a field. There are more risks by inviting 25 people in a drunk birthday party, Isn't it ?

laurent
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2012, 08:57 »

An image gallery has been added on swissboomerangs.ch:
Kloten 2012 Images.
(Thank you, Stanislaus !)

MHLDR, Lorenz
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2012
Jump to: