Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  Competition archive  |  Topic: Trefriw, GB :: August-30-2004
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trefriw, GB :: August-30-2004  (Read 5563 times)
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« on: Jul 04, 2005, 22:43 »

Written by Adam McLaughlin

Monday 30th August in Trefriw saw the annual LD tourno,against the beautiful backdrop of the Conway Valley.

The winds were very unkind, and a few of us thought it too windy for throwing, but we decided to try anyway.Winds were 15-20 mph, it was really strong but thankfully from one direction.

11 throwers took part with most getting valid scores.

With the strong wind we had to have 2 spotters 100 metres behind the line to help find those blown away boomerangs!, thankfully none were lost.

Jim Reid came close to 100mt with a 94mt effort, but the longest throw was by Adam McLaughlin of 125mt, equaling the previous British Record held for 3 years by his brother Matthew(Now living in Australia).The boomerang used was a rigid 2mm voyager copy which flies beautifully.

Code:
Results:
1 Adam McLaughlin (GB)   125 (British Record equalized)     
2 Jim Reid (GB)           94                                 
3 Martin Laslett (GB)     71                                 
4 Jay Butters (GB)        70                                 
  Gregg (GB?)             70                                 
6 Rainer Graebenteich (D) 65                                 
7 Noam Krabbe (DK)        57                                 
8 Jens Krabbe (DK)        56                                 
9 Will Watts (GB)         44                             
  Pete Vesty (GB)         44                                 
11Mick Potts (GB)         0                                 

by laurent @ 5 Sep 2004 04:51 pm   
ahem...
What is this kind of rigid 2mm glassfiber/epoxy material Lorenz wrote about?
I want it too !
Anyone has some info about it ?
by Adam @ 6 Sep 2004 04:33 pm   
I obtained this material from my local plastics supplier,from the off cuts section.
The full size voyager at 2mm with
fairly sharp edges, offers little resistance in flight,but is still wonderfully rigid.
Still quite expensive though,i believe for the 400mm x 700mm sheet it was around �15.
Next time I go to the supplier I will see if I can find out the grade....   
by laurent @ 12 Sep 2004 06:45 am   
Thanks, Adam.
�15 for this size sheet is not so expensive, you know... High grade glassfiber/epoxy sheets are always very expensive.
I guess it could be G12 grade, but I did never manage to find it.
Laurent   
by Pete @ 18 Sep 2004 06:14 pm   
As an inexperienced novice thrower at Trefriw this year, I was so impressed with Adams and Jim Reids throwing, s full respect to you both. I was so impressed too by young Noam Krabbe with his throwing! Great entertainment all round in conditions that I'd even have trouble holding down a kite!
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  Competition archive  |  Topic: Trefriw, GB :: August-30-2004
Jump to: