Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2010
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2010  (Read 8933 times)
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« on: Jan 25, 2010, 16:15 »

Date: Sunday, 18-April-2009

The Swiss LD Championships are held again in spring. The weather can be quite changeable at that time of year. Do bring along sun protection, raincoat and anti-moskito spray.

Schedule:
9:00warm-up (regular booms only)
10:00registration
10:301st round
12:30lunch (please bring your own)
13:002nd round
15:00awards ceremony
15:30barbeque

Venue: the tournament takes place near the airport Zurich-Kloten.
map (215 kB),
detailed map (994 kB)
bird's eye view (101 kB) (June 2009)
Google Maps

If you are living further away than you can travel in 1 day, please let me know, so we can make proper arrangements for accomodation, picking-up at the airport etc.

As usual: we will be having a barbeque after the tournament. Bring along whatever you like to grill, or let me know and I'll get it for you.

Registration & Contact:
Lorenz Gubler
Muellermattstrasse 5C
5200 Brugg
Tel. +41 (0)79 568 18 64
mobile +41 (0)79 568 18 64
email: lorenz@swissboomerangs.ch
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2010, 06:51 »

Logo of the year 2010:

MHLDR
Lorenz
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2010, 06:57 by Lorenz » Logged
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2010, 15:02 »

Another great day for LD !

This year's Swiss Championship in Kloten was exceptional, since there were no planes, except small Cessnas and the like, taking off and landing at Zurich airport because of the volcano dust everywhere in Europe. The scenery was so peaceful !

Also, the weather conditions were fairly good. The temperature was just right, a little bit chilly perhaps. The sun was behind a layer of clouds most of the time. The wind was low to medium, with an occasional stiff breeze, mostly from the west. We had to move the line once, otherwise we would have had to throw over a small bump.

There were 18 throwers from France, Germany and Switzerland, the usual gang I might say, a very good tournout, actually. As last year, we did not schedule a warm-up, but instead granted 8 throws each per round. This increases the safety conditions, because everybody is watching. In addition, booms that have gone awry are more easily found with many people watching (hopefully..).

We had three groups of throwers. The wind was still down for the first group to throw, so there were not that many valid throws. Eventually, everyone got a valid score !  Also, the majority of scores were above 100 m. The winning throw was over a distance of a sensational 210 m - by Manuel Schütz of course. Fantastic, congratulations ! Second came Ludovic Brioux with a personal best of 148 m. Tied at third place were Thorsten Gaupp and Lorenz Gubler with 144 m. Thorsten took the medal because his second best throw was 130 m, my second best only 123 m. Also, Dominic Maurer, a young Swiss thrower, made his entry into the 100m List with an excellent 115 m.

An overview of the scores can be found in the results database.

The complete scoresheet is available on swissboomerangs.ch

Here is an image of the top four.

See you next year in Kloten.
MHLDR, Lorenz
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2010, 16:38 »

Congrats to all.
JagoPT65

long... where??

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2010, 11:42 »

Congrats from me, too  Wink

Many happy returns
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2010
Jump to: