Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  General ld Discussion  |  Topic: WAKE UP!! ;D
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WAKE UP!! ;D  (Read 3810 times)
JagoPT65

long... where??

« on: Jan 16, 2010, 17:04 »

mmm... it seems to me that the forum is sleeping...
Everybody's shaping new tools for the new year, eh...  Tongue Grin Wink

I have a simple questions for you all...
I've read several times the bible (LD book) and I've searched for endless night plans here and on other websites on the net, but...

CAN YOU TELL ME A SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE LD PLAN...??

A simple plan for beginner simple to throw and simple to build that will let me reach and maybe break the 100meters wall...

I'm an absolute beginner in LD throwing and I would like to start with the right foot.

Many thanks for now  Smiley

Many happy returns
laurent
141 m

« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2010, 11:14 »

Hi

All current LD plans are efficient : "Voyager" of course, but also U. Kitzberger design like the "Lorenz" series and his model "Tibor" (maybe the easiest of all his designs) On his website www.lightboom.net you will find interesting designs too (with narrow trailing arm and wider leading arm, which produces a nice flight in my opinion).

All variations of these shapes do work more or less good/ The most important is maybe not the shape but the airfoils and tuning.

My advices:
- not too sharp leading edge (ovoid shape)
- not too sharp trailing edge (a bit sharper than l.e, thought)
- Don't work too much under the leading edge. Too much undercut produces too much lift, and then a shitty flightpath that you have to correct with shitty diheadrals and tunings...

For good beginning you airfoils must be smooth but simple, not too sharp, with slightly (I mean slightly!) negative incidence (which you achieve with few leading edge undercut as I said before).
If your booms lays down too early and comes back to the right, then add a slight (1-2mm max.) degative dihedral on the leading arm and that's it : you a have a reasonnably competitive and esay LD boom.

have fun

Laurent
JagoPT65

long... where??

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 14:08 »

Thaaaank Yooooou!!
I'll try ASAP  Wink

See you on a field.

Many happy returns
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  General ld Discussion  |  Topic: WAKE UP!! ;D
Jump to: