Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: European Boomerang Championships
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: European Boomerang Championships  (Read 16701 times)
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« on: Aug 09, 2007, 15:23 »

Aug 6, 2007, Pengwern, North Wales (UK)

27 competitors from the Bulgaria, Czeck Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States. To our knowlege, the Czech Republik was represented for the first time, the National Record was established at 70 m by Ruda Janout. The Danish Record is now also above 100 m, Jens Krabbe set it at 106 m, Congratulations to both. Adam McLaughlin egalized his own UK record from last year at 126 m. Several personal bests were recorded, we particularly note the 136 m by Joe Rader, who came all the way from Texas !

Manuel Sch├╝tz won the event and the title with a distance of 165m, followed by Uwe Kitzberger (147 m). None of the contestants had to go home with a zero score.

All in all, the conditions were quite windy. The wind came more or less across the field (400 m x 200 m), which limited the maximum distance to 165 m, Manuel's farthest throw (acutally it was more than that, but that was the measurement). One of his throws going out too low flew over the trees and the road into the next field, but fortunately, the boom could be retrieved.

Results
antonio scarpellino
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2007, 10:51 »

Hi Lorenz,
I wish inform you that the score (34 m) of Alessandro (my son) at the ebc ld tournament is the new junior italian record. Never a junior partecipated in ld competiton before.
Ciao
antonio
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2007, 14:24 »

Antonio,

Congratulations to your sons record throw!
Please contact Guenter Moeller. He is interested in Junior records and will record them in his spreadsheet, available at ifba-online.com
Adam Mac

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2007, 11:31 »

Hi,

Stanislaus has posted some superb pictures up on his website.

http://www.harmony-fly.de/ldebc2007/

Look and enjoy.

Also I haven't yet commented on the Euro LD event. A couple of scary moments.

One was where a LD boomerang veered way off to the left, heading directly for the Marquee, where several spectators were stting on chairs watching over 100m away. Very luckily the boomerang actually hit the marquee roof, and safely stopped.

I discovered adrenalin was brown.

Also one of the spotters managed to get a direct hit from an outgoing LD rang. Again, luckily no injury, just goes to show how critical it is to pay attention. I really worry about people who spot and don't focus on 70mph blades flying around them.

One of Manus throws went out straight, and directly collided with a metal lamp post. What are the chances of that?
Small damage to the wing. Another of Manus after orbting Sputnik, fell to earth and embedded itself so deeply in the field, I could barely get it out again.

Well done to Joe, I saw this throw from the line, it was really nice, and to Jens as well.

I need to sort me out a new LD rang. My past few competition throws have resulted in 2*125m, and 2* 126m. Pretty consistant eh? I believe I have reached the limit of this one. Uwe if you read this, please email me!

Little checklist of LD competition stuff.....

Whistle - one short blow to annouce launch
A long sound to signify round over.

Walkie talkies

Decent clipboard and pencil

Paper, preferably with a handy set of columns - which is on this site I believe.

Rangefinders

Uwe had a really good 40m line, and safety nets at each end.

Windicator

OK!

Adam

Throw till your arm hurts, then throw some more.
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2007, 12:33 »

Thanks for posting your impressions!

as for the 'handy set of columns', here is the link:
http://www.baggressive.com/downloads/LDScoreSheet.pdf

I'll post it under 'measuring' as well, just because it makes sense for me Smiley

T
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: European Boomerang Championships
Jump to: