Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2006
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2006  (Read 14663 times)
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« on: Apr 16, 2006, 12:04 »

Date: April 15, 2006

It looked like we were going to have next to perfect conditions: on good Friday (April 14), Thorsten Gaupp (he is living in Zürich at the moment as a visiting student), Kari Korhonen (from Finland; he happened to be in Switzerland for work) and me went out to check out the field condition. Temperature was around 15°C (perfect), there was a nice and steady wind from the west (perfect), although slightly shifty. The ground, however, was very soggy due to the heavy rain during the past few weeks. There were some deep ponds to the side on the field and some shallow ones in the general throwing direction. Things were exacerbated by the fact that the military had messed up the whole field with their (tracked) vehicles. Anyway, we had some good throws this afternoon.

On Saturday, the day of the tournament, the wheather was not quite so good, but we saw similar conditions for the first round. People from Italy, France, Germany and of course Switzerland turned up (Kari from Finland was already there :-), a total of 16 throwers with a few accompanying persons. We had divided the throwers into 3 groups with similar throwing distance, as far as it was possible. Each group had a warm-up time of 15 min in the 1st round. A few times, a boom landed in the shallow pond with a little fountain - nice to watch, but unfortunately a non-valid throw !  After the 1st round, Uwe Kitzberger was leading the field with 145 m, followed by Manuel Schütz (142 m) and Thorsten Gaupp (133 m). After a short break for lunch, we started the second round, each group having just 5 min for warm-up. Already it was looking like there would be rain soon. Indeed, towards the end, there was more and more rain, sometimes no wind, also some spells of strong wind - all in all quite changeable. Manuel managed to throw 161 m in the second round (in the rain !), which was the top performance of the day. Also, this means he defended his title as Swiss LD Chamipion !

As usual, the event was followed by a barbeque, for those who liked. I learned, some people look forward to this part as much as they do for the throwing bit ! Anyway, it pleases me, but the wheather has been not too good during the past years. There was rain in most cases. This makes me think if April is the best time for an LD competition. Generally, winter time is no option, in summer time usually high pressure conditions prevail, and also the air can be somewhat "sticky", leaving spring or autumn. Maybe September or October is another good time of the year. I am undecided yet about the time next year..

MHLDR
Lorenz

->Results
->Scoresheet
->Pictures
->Pictures on swissboomerangs.ch
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 06:37 by Lorenz » Logged
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2006, 12:14 »

Wow, thanks for the update.
Looks like a nice round-up  of people. Frenchies were there as well.
I guess you are still uploading the pictures?

What is that 98m you managed to throw Wink
Cool stuff.
Tibor
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2006, 04:27 »

Yes, you know, this is the tradition. Most of my scores in Kloten are crap ! I wanted to have to 100 m at least. Next time, then :-)

Pictures are coming, also check out swissboomerangs.ch

Lorenz

What is that 98m you managed to throw Wink
Cool stuff.
Tibor
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Swiss LD Championships 2006
Jump to: