Home Help Search Login Register
Do you want your ads here? Contact me.
Home | Forum | Results | Articles | FAQ | Competition archive | Media Gallery | Store
www.baggressive.com provides information for boomerang throwers and interested parties. You will find all the info you need to successfully throw a boomerang over 100m and have it return over your head.

ld book | Popular T-Shirts | Store overview
The classic B_AGGRESSiVE Shirt. Find it, and lots more designs in our shop.

Don't forget to check out our ld book, the best offline reference for long distance boomerangs.
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Mühlhacker "Spring Tournament" 19/03/2006
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mühlhacker "Spring Tournament" 19/03/2006  (Read 14672 times)
laurent
141 m

« on: Mar 19, 2006, 18:32 »

Hello everybody

I just come back from this tournament. Great throwing day, very nice weather with a shinning sun and a nice wind: not too much, but enough to have good flights (at least duringthe morning, when it was very constant. This afternoon it was sometimes absent or changing, but we had worse conditions in the past).

There was no  really great performance, thought. Some decent trhrows and good returns, but this morning I believed that there could be better distances. I have the feeling that most throwers did not throw a lot during this cold and snowy winter, it was the "starting " of the throwing season for everybody. Already tired ?  Grin

I 'm just too tired now to remember all the result but Uwe Kitzberger won with a modest 127m.

laurent
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2006, 15:12 »

thanks for the heads-up. I also received a report from Uwe that I plan to translate and post here.
But before I do that, I need the results. So please, either send me the results via email or post them here, thanks Smiley
Lorenz
149 m
BAGGRESSiVE

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2006, 17:14 »

Thank you Laurent for the report and Uwe for the results. They can be found at  http://www.baggressive.com/ld/results/indexT.php?sel_thrower=0&sel_tourno=135
Tibor
136 m
BAGGRESSiVE

B AGGRESSiVE

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2006, 16:33 »

Here is the report from Uwe:

Having a tournament for early spring was a great decision, this year. After month of clouds, rain and snow finally a stunning nice day.
No clouds, mostly good wind - it looked like it were really conditions. To make the best out of it was not for every thrower.
Elvira has been throwing with the Muehlacker LD-Team for about 6 month. She had some very nice throws including a 91m return, a great first competition. We will hopefully see a lot more of her.
Or Hagen, a new thrower using huge old-school hooks from Ingo, was drawing impressive flights and established himself with 105m right away in the 100m club.
These two were the real winners of the tournament, congratulations.
Hans, Michael, Dietmar, Oli, Bastian and Clemens are satisfied as well, they accomplished personal bests or at least almost...
Gert didn't have the same success. After a very nice flight over 100m, his boomerang made the ugly right turn (he is lefthanded) just short of the line. We all know that feeling all to well. What a pity!
No luck for Margit either. She has not thrown ld before and did not manage to score in her first ld comp.
Ulrich did not do much better but one thing is certain: The endurance (he is a heavy weight wrestler) and persistence he puts into ld booms will be rewarded...
But most surprising was the performance of the so-called vets.
Ingo, Thorsten, Laurent and I had score way below our personal bests. Why was that?
Maybe humidity? Higher initial velocity of the boom might be slowed down more with higher humidity?
However, we know we can do it better and can't wait to show you, at the next competition.
Until then take care and mhr.
Uwe
laurent
141 m

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2006, 19:24 »

[Maybe humidity? Higher initial velocity of the boom might be slowed down more with higher humidity?

Maybe humidity can decrease performances a very little bit, butI think that the only explanation is: not enough training this winter. Good flights but less accurate and strong throws than usual. Tired/weak throwers !  Grin ha ha ha
Let's hope we'll throw harder in June.

laurent
Pages: [1] Print 
BAGGRESSiVE forum  |  Long Distance  |  BAGGRESSiVE News  |  Topic: Mühlhacker "Spring Tournament" 19/03/2006
Jump to: